Friday, February 18, 2011

Other Classmate's Blogs

Genderie's heritage story was cool! It was surprising to find out that some of her ancestors were from Ireland. She also had Spanish ancestors just like me. Both of our moms also went to the US for a better life and education but came back because they were being treated unfairly. It is interesting to see that others share some of the same family history as I do.

Carolina's immigration video was inspiring. It is amazing was so many people are willing to go through just to be a US citizen. The 63 year old lady surprised me. She took a test and was proud of all she had studied to reach her dream of being a legal citizen. I agree with Carolina that not all immigrants go to the US to for drug trafficking or to steal Americans' job. Most come in search of a better life and are willing to do anything and take even the dirtiest jobs to achieve their goals.

Itze's journal of a German immigrant almost made me cry. I was awed by the story of the little boy who was sitting next to a corpse holding his hand. I couldn't imagine myself being in a situation like that. It is horrible to feel so much fear that you or your family could die at any moment. Also the dream the man had was awful. It showed how much he feared for the safety of his family and how much he loved them.This journal was incredibly touching.

I agree with Tiffany's opinion of her news article. It is true that immigrants come to look for a better life but they should follow the rules. They are not being fair by trying to make their children citizens and using them as an excuse to stay. I agree that the US should find a way to help this people and not just try to kick them all out. They don't have the resources to improve their ling conditions and work hard to get what they ave, therefore they deserved to receive a little help.

No comments:

Post a Comment